Sunday, March 2, 2014

*Spoiler alert* I am breaking character in this post about e-commerce

Being successful in e-commerce 

My name is Alejandro

No DotA references this week

As you know by now, I am fulfilling the requirement to write blog posts about things which I have learnt in class. To spice things up, I mixed it with my favourite game - DotA 2. Of course the main character in my story is nonetheless my favourite hero, Meepo. 

However, for this week's topic, it is impossible to add in any of the DotA references. I am sorry, I am not as creative as some may think I am. 

If you have any suggestion of how I can turn this post into a DotA post, please teach me, comment or something. I may add you as a friend and we can play online together. I am not a bad teammates +)

Soooooooooooo, here goes! Welcome to Alejandro's list of 5 e-commerce trends in 2014!

1) BIGGG DATA, MOREEEEE


Big data has been around for a while now. However, it seems like most e-commerce companies are still not tapping into it's full potential! Tapping into big data's full potential will allow companies to make better decisions. An intuition or an idea is just an intuition or an idea at the end of the day, as the data will reveal the truth.

2) Subscription services

Subscription models opens up opportunities for better reoccurring revenue and also allows for companies to foster more personal, and deeper relationships with their customers which is great to improve brand loyalty. 

3) More personalised shopping experience

With the huge amount of data that companies are getting from costumers online nowadays, companies are able to customise the shopping for the consumers. This has not only increased sales but also improve the shopping experience for many.

4) Support on all devices

The importance of a device-friendly platform cannot be further emphasised. A service not available on Android devices, is the same as losing a portion of the market right from the start. It is like calling quit before it even starts. Imagine that. 

5) Transparency

There is a sea of e-commerce sites out there who are looking to succeed. Users have so many choices and so many alternatives. This means that competition has also increased. Hence, users are demanding more transiency from the companies in order to build trust and liking. Without this element of transparency, users can simple type in a google search and look for an alternative. 

There you go!

See you soon~~



No comments:

Post a Comment