Friday, February 28, 2014

Middle is missing

"Invoker is missing"

Does it matter?

Is it just a way to blame someone for your lack of attention?

There is something called the mini map. It is where every member of the team can see what is going on in the map. Technically, if anyone is missing from their lanes, we could all tell, if we are paying attention. 

Of course, it would be best if your teammate at that lane would tell you that someone is missing since he would know best. However, does it really matter if he doesn't? 


Ya, so Invoker killed my teammate, but on the bright side, I am finally get more free space to earn experience! It is not like my teammate won't respawn... 

But... What if I actually called "missing middle"? Bane would have known about the danger that might be coming and he would have hidden behind our combat towers, rendering Invoker's surprise ambush useless and on top of that, I would still have gotten free space to earn experience!

Oh my... What have I done... 

Communication is oh so important. If only I said the three simple words, things would have gone different. My teammates would have thanked me instead of thrashing me. We would have greater trust for each other, or even build a stronger bond...


"I am sorry, Bane, I should have reported missing"

I responded with an apology. 

YEAH RIGHT. NOBODY EVER APOLOGISES IN AN ONLINE GAME!

As I continued to earn valuable experience at middle lane, I heard a faint sound approaching me. 

A pink coloured missile-like ball of vengeance flew right into my face.

Suddenly, I saw stars, I couldn't move, I was so dazed I forgot my own name.


"Magic missile"
 -Vengeful Spirit 

Before I could regain my consciousness, I saw a thick layer of ice forming from my feet up to my neck, it was so cold and I could not move an inch. It felt like frost bite but only a thousand times worst. Right next to Vengeful Spirit was Crystal Maiden, the girl of my dreams... but also my worst enemy... 


Within seconds, I was destroyed. 

I was furious as to why did nobody report missing from top and bottom lane!
The irony..

Then I looked at the chat and I saw....

"Top is missing!"
"Bottom is missing!" (posted 2mins ago)

... I am such a noob...

To be continued...



Background

1) Although Meepo can duplicate, as long as anyone of Meepo's duplicates or himself is killed, they all die.

2) Meepo can teleport to anyone of himself at any point in time, but with a casting time of 1.5 seconds.

3) Magic missile is the first skill of Vengeful spirit, it stuns the target for a duration depending on the skill's level

4) Frost bite is the second skill of Crystal Maiden, it traps the target at the position with a duration depending on the skill's level

Analysis

The internet has enhanced the ability for each and everyone of it's user to communicate. Communication is now global with the help of Internet and the power of distance has been lowered every since the inception of the Internet. 

Game chat resembles social media. Where people published their thoughts on a website where all their "friends" can see. Much like how Bane was expecting Meepo to be communication with the team when middle was missing. 

Communication is the basis of collaboration. If only Meepo reported missing to the team, the team can thus collaborate to avoid being ambushed by Invoker. 

With the advent of social media, more information are expected to be communicated. Since it is so easy to transmit a message, there is no reason as to why one would find it difficult to communicate. 

The online gaming community has also taken advantage of social media as game clients like Steam has required every member to have a profile, and they can add friends and trade items on steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment